pop quiz

Per Bejata

1. What is your astrological sign? How are you most like its characteristics?
How are you least like them?

Very good question. I am a Cancer, moon in Scorpio, Venus in Virgo,
and ascendant in Capricorn. As a Cancer, I am very emotional and I hate to let things go, but tend to take
charge of situations, and see them for the greater good. I’m very empathetic,
and a very loyal friend. The addition of Scorpio in the mix can make me a very
stubborn person at times, but the Cancer offsets that and tries to make me
gentler. It works about 60% of the time. The Capricorn ascendant makes me a
very steadfast person, and less emotional each passing year. The older I get, the more Capricorn
inserts itself into the mix. The Venus in Virgo makes me very steadfast in love. Once I’m in love, it takes an act of God (or the Devil) to seperate me.

As for how I am least like their characteristics, it’s really a moot point.
I’m exactly like
those characteristcs.

2. Where did you grow up and how has that shaped and influenced who you are
today?

I was born in Westbury, Long Island, New York. I then moved when I
was eight to Atlanta, Georgia, and then to Atmore, Alabama when I was 14. Being born
in New York made me a upper-class islander, able to stay afloat. Moving to Atlanta totally capsized
that boat, making me a lower-class single-parent son. It taught me humility,
but I was never torn up that we were “without”. However, it has shaped who I am
today, because I refuse for myself, my mother, and my sisters to have to go
through living “without” again.

3. What was your first job?

My first job was working as a dishwasher and a seafood sheller at
a restaurant in Alabama on the Gulf Of Mexico. That was
a great job.

4. What was your best or most favorite job?

Ironically, my current job as a Technical Architect is possibly the
best, most favorite job. I am no longer a manager, but because of my expertise
I have leeway to shape and mold things, and in the end, it’s good to have influence
without having to answer to powers that be.

5. What was the best advice anyone ever gave you?

Marlon Riggs often told me that it doesn’t matter what’s on the outside- that
only I, myself, answered to myself.

6. The five items you can’t live without?

Prometheus (the laptop), my cellular phone, my MP3 player in the car,
DIC, my glasses/contacts.

7. In my bedroom you’ll find:

Anna, Prime, a nice television, TiVo, a refrigerator, a couch, a full
bathroom (seperated by double doors), 4 drawers full of CDs, Frank Lloyd Wright
book, a keyboard with stand and stool, clothes
all
over the place. And that’s just the surface.

8. Most embarrassing thing that ever happened to you on a date?

Date? Hmm, the last time I was on a date was many moons ago. When I had a
date around 6 years ago, my date went to a club, decided that they would throw
up all over the place all the way back home, but not without booty-shaking
with "their best friend" the entire night. The rest of my friends stared at
the entire scene and commented on it the next day.

9. Fill in the blanks: ____ is sexy; ____ is sexier.

Glasses are sexy, an intellect with a uber-geekness is sexier.

10. Where do you want to be in five years?

I would still love to be in the South, with the people I’m around, the relationship I’m in, and the same house I’m in. A larger lot of land, with a dog, a cat, and a parakeet would be wonderful. I’d also like to be able
to work part time and to have gone back to school full time and finish my degree.

10 Responses “pop quiz”

1. 30 September 2003 at 09:31

I’m happy to say that I already knew most of these things about you. Interesting how Anna is listed before Prime in question #7.

2. 30 September 2003 at 15:14

Who is that masked blogger?

Who is the BlackGayBlogger? Who does he think he is? Why is he named after not only a famous photographer, but a young singer/composer an…

3. 30 September 2003 at 17:21

Not suprising to me j. They were bonding at the time he wrote this – like kindred souls. All that change @ 4:30AM when the two of them were fighting. Yes, I am serious. Doors slaming, garage door opening and closing, yelling, and Anna acting like “whateva, whateva, I’ll do what I want” I’m still not sure who I rescued, her, him, or my sanity and sleep! LOL
    Oh, and for the record kiddies ~ I was not the bad date refered to in #8.
    EJ one question… just how do you supose we end up with a larger lot of land and keep the same house? We don’t use and can’t see 2/3 of the land we have now. Just checkin’

4. 30 September 2003 at 23:26

the lot behind the DIC isn’t being used…i’m sure there’s some kind of way we can use it. i’ll go into the woods and make sure, especially since no-one seems to go there but me & anna.

5. malik
    1 October 2003 at 00:37

Surprising how much you can learn about somebody from a simple quiz. Marlon Riggs, huh …

6. 1 October 2003 at 09:23

okay, so i learn all this stuff about you…but my main thought is that you and prime need to go out on a DATE! *laughing*

7. 1 October 2003 at 10:55

oh, no Lisa. the fact is that we have an acre’s worth of land that is still full of trees and a creek….but the only one who will go back there on a regular basis is lil’ ole me. Prime? J. Brotherlove? Scaredy-cats? you decide! heh heh!

8. 1 October 2003 at 12:45

hi ej nice site you have here can’t remember where i got your url from but anyway just wnated to say hello and to let you know i find these questions pretty interesting so i am gonna answer mine in my blog.
    take care and be blessed!

9. Darrel G
    1 October 2003 at 16:48

What’s up Eric, how are things?
    Give me an e-mail, or IM me on yahoo.
    I’ll have MS Messenger up at work soon.
    Miss ya!
    Peace
    DG

10. 1 October 2003 at 18:00

i love how you are “a Cancer, moon in Scorpio, Venus in Virgo, and ascendant in Capricorn.” i thought i was going crazy when i thought my personalitiesdidn’t add up to be 100% Cancer.